Professional Growth and Development
George Mason University is an Institutional Member of the National Center for Faculty Development and Diversity (NCFDD)
EAS Departmental/Group Training Offerings
Educating faculty, staff and students on identifying, preventing, responding to, and reporting discrimination and harassment are critical in supporting equity, diversity, access, respect and inclusiveness for all George Mason University community members. Equity Access Services offers in-person and virtual training on matters related to equal opportunity and discrimination.
Need a customized training? We are available to train and educate your teams. Please review the information below and complete the form(s) related to your training request. If you do not see the area you are seeking, please contact the respective office for your needs.
Training by Office
- 1203 - Non-Discrimination and Reasonable Accommodation on the Basis of Disability
- Managing employee accommodations
- Service animals
- Effective communication with people with disabilities
- Pregnancy accommodations (for Employees)
- How to make an event accessible
ADA training can be scheduled by completing and submitting an ADA Training Request.
Please contact ADA@gmu.edu for questions regarding ADA training.
Click on the link below to access information on upcoming ATI workshops and additional services.
- Diversity & Inclusion
- Workplace Civility
- Equal Opportunity
- Discrimination (Policy 1201: Non-Discrimination Policy)
- Faculty/Staff Hiring
- Unconscious Bias
For additional information on EO trainings, please email your information to MasonEO@gmu.edu and include a statement about the purpose/desired objectives and timeline for the training.
- University Policy 1202: Sexual and Gender-Based Misconduct and Other Forms of Interpersonal Violence
- University Policy 1204: Consensual Relationships
- Supportive Measures
- Resolution Options
- Intoxication & Incapacitation
- Responsibilities of Confidential and Non-Confidential Employees
- How to Respond to Disclosures of Title IX
- Prohibited Conduct Reporting
Title IX training can be scheduled by completing and submitting a TIX Training Request.