Compliance, Diversity and Ethics Training Policy
Please Click Here to View the CDE Online Training Page
All George Mason University ("Mason") employees, defined as anyone who receives a paycheck from Mason, are required to complete three (3) CDE trainings: Title IX Overview and Sexual Harassment Prevention; Equal Opportunity: A Fair Shake; and Ethics.
All Mason NEW HIRES are reqiuired to complete these trainings within their first 30 days of employment:
- Title IX Overview and Sexual Harassment Prevention (In-Person training)
- Equal Opportunity: A Fair Shake* (In-Person training)
- Ethics (Online or In-Person training)
* The Equal Opportunity: A Fair Shake curriculum is part of Mason's new employee Classified Staff or Administrative Professional Faculty Orientation.
All Mason employees are required to complete one ANNUAL AND two BIENNIAL trainings on a pre-set schedule:
Annual Training and Schedule
- Title IX Overview and Sexual Harassment Prevention (Year 1: In-Person; Year 2: Online; repeat)
Biennial Training and Schedule
- Equal Opportunity: A Fair Shake (Year 1: Online or In-Person; Year 3: Online or In-Person; repeat)
- Ethics (Year 1: Online or In-Person; Year 3: Online or In-Person; repeat)*
* Departments or units may require their employees to take Ethics training more frequently depending on the employees' responsibilities.
For a printable version of this policy, please click here.