Read news stories and updates on such topics as forums on race and inclusion, announcements on new initiatives, and profiles of members of the Anti-Racism and Inclusive Excellence Initiative.
- February 6, 2023The Office of Research Innovation and Economic Impact and the Office for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, is delighted to announce the results of the 2022 ARIE Seed Funding Initiative.
- Conference draws faculty, students to Mason Square to share a vision for an inclusive, anti-racist futureOctober 26, 2022George Mason University’s first Anti-Racism and Inclusive Excellence (ARIE) Conference on October 24 celebrated both the impact of research and the shared goal of shaping a more equitable future.
- August 29, 2022A team of Mason employees researchers has secured a National Science Foundation (NSF) ADVANCE Catalyst grant to support increasing diversity among faculty within the university’s STEM programs
- The Inclusive Teaching and Curriculum Initiative seeks to foster a more welcoming atmosphere for all students to increase learningAugust 26, 2022The Inclusive Teaching and Curriculum Initiative seeks to foster a more welcoming atmosphere for all students
- March 9, 2022Dietra Trent, special advisor to George Mason University President Gregory Washington, has been named executive director of the White House Initiative on Advancing Educational Equity, Excellence, and Economic Opportunity Through Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs).
- March 9, 2022Dr. Candace Parham Lacayo has been selected as the ARIE Faculty Fellow for the Office of Graduate Education.
- February 17, 2022Earlier this month, Dr. Wendi Manuel-Scott had a virtual chat with Sharrell Hassell-Goodman, a doctoral student in the Higher Education program and co-chair of ARIE's Student Voice committee. Hassell-Goodman discusses her hopes and expectations for ARIE since it was formed and how Mason can keep students at the center of these initiatives.
- January 14, 2022Mason graduate student Deion Maith joined Mason’s Anti-Racism and Inclusive Excellence (ARIE) Task Force because he thinks it’s important to share lived experiences with other students and faculty/staff.
- September 17, 2021Mason Lighting the Way: Shelby Adams
- August 20, 2021As a graduate student with intersectional racial and ethnic identities, George Mason University doctoral student Austin A. Deray said he believes it is his responsibility to champion the voices of his communities.
- August 3, 2021Mason Lighting the Way: Christopher A. Carr
- July 9, 2021Students and faculty collaborated to create UNIV 381: Foundations for Building a Just Society, a three-credit class that fulfills two Mason Core requirements—global understanding and social/behavioral sciences—and is projected to evolve over time into a required course for all students.